Yippee! It’s here! Another free tutorial! 🙂 I’ve been experimenting (a lot) with making various types of rings. I wasted a good deal of time and quite an amount of metal, and as a result I came up with a few cool designs of cold connection rings, one of which I want to share with you today.
Birthstone jewelry has been ever growing in popularity, as all personalized jewelry does. However, to give a gift, you have to know the size! 🙂 That’s why I thought that developing an adjustable ring design would be a good idea. This way, you can never miss! Snowflake Flower rings can be worn as regular, pinky or midi rings, you can basically wear them on any finger and on any part of it at that! 🙂
So, enjoy the tutorial and when you make some of your own, please share them on our Facebook Page, Ken and I would love to see them!
You can watch the tutorial on our YouTube channel
or on our Vimeo channel
Notes to the tutorial:
1. You can make these rings out of any metal – aluminum, copper, brass, silver, gold, platinum,… – but I suggest you start with basic metals first and then go from there.
2. Use a drill bit designed for drilling metal, as others might break while you’re drilling.
3. Wear a safety glasses! You might also want to wear a mask, especially while you’re sanding. Metal dust is no fun when it gets into your lungs.
4. I am using a nylon mallet to shape the ring, as I wanted a smooth band. If you want a hammered band, use a regular jewelry hammer, such as ball peen or chasing.
5. You can download U.S. ring sizes chart here
6. You can download Birthstones chart here
7. I am using this video as a means to ask you once more to vote for our design, Only Life, in the Mejuri Enchanted Emerald contest. If we win or become a runner-up, design will be manufactured, and we will received a small royalty from every sale. Thus, I won’t need to beat for the buck all the time and will be able to spare some to make more cool tutorials for you, which I love to do! 🙂
Please click this link to vote. Anyone who voted has a chance to win a $200 gift certificate from Mejuri. Voting for us will close after April 4th, so please don’t wait! ♥ Thank you! ♥
That’s it, enjoy and happy creating!